Monday, November 30, 2009

The DENNIS System

Recently when I was watching It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, I saw this episode on the DENNIS System. Now for those who don’t know, the Dennis system stands for: 
D: Demonstrate Your Value (catch her attention with something impressive or nice) 
E: Engage Physically (without taking the girl on a date) 
N: Nurture Dependence like making her depend on your fictional angry neighbor that’s bothering her) 
N: Neglect Emotionally (Like not taking her phone calls, frightening her. Subsequently, it will make clingy questions self esteem) 
I: Inspire Hope (Which will make it that much harder when you break it off
S: Separate Entirely (because she would take you back anytime)
        It made me think: are Guys are delusional? They try to make these complex systematic strategies to win girls hearts. These are present not only on comedies but in real life. Think about that wing man, or what about the nice guy that swoops in after a girl gets her heart broken by an insensitive prick. I think most girls can agree that the only sure fire way to get a girl is to be your (best) self, be charming, and act like a gentleman. Try to get to know the girl and being funny is a plus because it diffuses any tension or awkwardness. As I always say, the best pick up like is introducing yourself and using casual humor. But I gave the DENNIS system a make-over, follow this DENNIS system and you will have girls swooning over you:
D: Demonstrate Good Character (Don't be shady, girls respect qualities in guys like consistent, hardworking, dedicated)
E: Engage in Conversation (Get to know her and make sure the conversation isn't one sided)
N: No Means No (respect her intentions to take it slow)
N: Never Lie (In order to build trust with her)
I: Initiate Making Plans (That will let her know you're interested)
S: Slow and Steady Wins the Race (if you want something solid, you should take it slow)
All the guys out there please note: I wouldn’t advise getting your dating advice from a sitcom.

8 comments:

  1. http://hahgay.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just found this page while looking up what the DENNIS system was as a blog I read referenced this.

    I read you revised version and I think you've oversold it. Your system sounds like it would be good but it won't be making the girls swoon all over you. For than you need an X factor. That factor can be handsome, funny, self-confident, charismatic etc. The myth that nice guys finish last, comes from the fact that if the first thing someone uses to describe a guy is nice, then they lack the x factor because their x factor is the first word that would come to mind to describe them.

    Anyway good luck with the crusade to stop women being doormats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a blog is far more credible than a sitcom.

    This is a list of everything not to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a fact that you can hook up with most females if you act kind of nice to them after they have just had a bad break up. The DENNIS system will work on most females.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i gotta say, this is the system to use if you the guy wanna be the doormat. the dennis system is gold. deal with it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you guys understand. She said this is how to pick up a "girl", not a "slut". And yes, there is a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What in God's name...You just raped the D.E.N.N.I.S system, you took everything GREAT about the D.E.N.N.I.S system, completely ruined it, and turned it into some sentimental, caring bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry, but the nice guy be yourself act does not fly in reality. At least not initially. I mean eventually you will have to be yourself at some point. But up front, if your not a challenge or have some level of excitement , or play hard to get, women do not want you. I could not explain this as to why, but it just seems to be the way. I know this because I have been on both sides of the fence in regards to being a nice guy, and then partaking in use of the D.E.N.N.I.S. system. And initially, the D.E.N.N.I.S. system works much better. Maybe its because women have a history of wanting what they can't have. I know its unhealthy, and in some ways sick. I would prefer it to be the other way around even because deep down I do feel that I'm a nice guy. But if I don't somehow give off the vibe that I could do without a woman, they seem to view me as a doormat . And most women don't want that. So initially, its a game of hard to get. Or F*#k them and leave them. It sucks, but hey, its the woman's behavior that created it. True, women have created the monster in this regard......sorry!

    ReplyDelete