Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Don't believe anyone while drunk, in love, or running for office"

          Inspired by the lyrics in Ke$ha's new song, "Your love is my drug" I couldn't agree more. Being in love can screw up your judgement as as much as being under the influence. But still, it effects men and women differently. My conventional wisdom is, guys think more clearly after a hook up and women think more clearly before a hook-up. So as women, we should secure our bargaining power by waiting to hook up until you have secured that respect from men. When men have spent enough time around you to know you as a person a personal details like your obsession with the Phillies, your cockapoo named Daisy, or the fact that you're a total book worm, than they form attachment to you as a person and are less likely to "hit it and quit it". And if you find that a guy is unwilling to stick around when you don't hook-up with him than that is a red flag- don't pursue these types of guys. The movie, Wedding Crashers didn't coin the phrase, "stage 5 clinger" for no reason. So be careful, and take emotions out of the equation when deciding to be intimate with your man because once you do have sex, women naturally become more attached and a little less rational. Save yourself from looking pathetic, if I had a quarter for every time a guy told me a story about a girl who was "psycho" I would be a rich women. But since I don't, I will take it upon myself to spread my expertise and hopefully save one women at a time. A symptom of this love induced psychosis that Ke$ha mentions is when you notice you gives you a "high" and you feel happy when you are with him and unhappy when he's not around. Don't become emotionally dependant on anyone ever, that breeds unhealthy relationships. So sometimes, unhealthy relationships come out of fast hook-ups, refer to slow and steady wins the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment