Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why Men Shouldn't Write Advice Columns

It may seem shocking how men and women see the same situation differently. Although this is a very extreme example, men may sometimes be insensitive to women. I have found this is especially the case when your boyfriend does something foul and all his friends take his side. 
One time, I was at a party with my ex at the time, but we still were hooking up. I was with him the whole time at the party but the one time I left to say hi to friends he disappeared. His best friend assured me he must be around somewhere. Then a guy at the party showed me a picture, he zoomed on the face- it was my ex...with two girls on him! First of all, never put your self in the position to be pictured doing sexual acts and be safe especially at parties where there are a lot of people around. It would be a good idea to lock the door with all the technology floating around, a drunk mistake could ruin your reputation and possibly your future. 
But back to the story, while his friends did recognize that he didn't make the best decision and sympathized with me, they also congratulated him on his sexual conquest. This support from his friends may have made him feel what he did wasn't wrong when really it was definitely crossing the line. My ex, consequently wasn't  regretful, and he didn't apologize. 
I'm not suggesting to blame guy's bad actions on the fact that they are Martians, while women are Venetians and we speak different languages. Actually, some things that guys do are unforgivable, whether they think so or not. I always say to respect yourself; be aware of that line. Even he is trying to justify or make light of the situation, don't fall for it  because actions speak louder than words. When guys realize you won't play into their games, you will actually earn their respect. 
It may take you to put your foot down and leave for them to grow up and realize their mistake. If Sheila from the article stays with her husband she can pretty much guarantee he will not be faithful. It's clear that she doesn't need car advice, she needs the name of a good marriage counselor. Don't worry girls, eventually all guys grow up. And if they don't, they will get divorced; I wouldn't be surprised if John is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment